Even if you are not the biggest fan of fashion, you are sure to have heard of the so-called athleisure style, which has been gaining immense popularity during recent years. Athleisure (as it is clear from the name) is clothing that is designed to be worn both for doing sports and for everyday wear. So, such clothes unites fashion and functionality. Why has athleisure become so popular? The reason is simple: this cool style is relaxed, comfortable to wear but still chic and effortless stylish. However, not all sports clothes can be referred to athleisure fashion. In this blog, we will give you some advice on how to make a perfect athleisure look and what do’s and don’ts of this style there exist.
Function goes with fashion
The basic rule of athleisure is that you should remember about both functionily and fashion, without sacrificing any. Before buying a piece of clothing, think how you are going to combine it with other items from your wardrobe. For example, you can take jeans, a leather jacket and wear them with sneakers instead of heels to make a balanced, trendy, but still relaxed athleisure look. Sport-inspired pieces can be easily combined with casual ones. The key is that you feel comfortable and look magnificent.
The occasion matters
Despite the fact that you do not actually wear your athleisure outfits to the gym, you cannot wear them on every other occasion. Of course, such clothes are comfortable but it is not the best option to go to the interview dressed like that. Remember that athleisure style is more for informal occasions where no dress code is required.
Remember about accessories
Your athleisure look will not be complete without accessories. Don’t forget to add a touch of your personal style to sport accessories. You can opt for a baseball cap to match your leather bag, for example. However, do not overdo. If you wear leggings with a sports bra combined with a gym bag, you look more like you have forgotten to change after exercising. An athleisure look should include a mixture of elements.
Do’s and don’ts of athleisure
- Mix sports clothes into your regular wardrobe for a balanced look.
- Be creative, especially when it concerns mixing clothes and layering.
- Follow seasonal sportswear and casual wear trends.
- Mix fabrics, like denim and leather, with sports fabrics.
- Make sure all your clothing pieces are clean and ironed.
- Don’t use old clothing you used to wear to the gym.
- Don’t forget about accessories and jewelry.
- Don’t abandon your personal style, just reinterpret it.
- Don’t exaggerate with prints, colors, and sports items.
How to wear athleisure
- Wear pieces under regular clothing, such as leggings under a coat.
- Use sneakers as a regular footwear.
- Pair leggings with loose or long tops or tie a shirt around your waist.
- Wear athleisure to work by mixing a sporty T-shirt with tailored pieces.