It might seem to be easy to pick a pair of rings: just take the one that you like. However, if you want them to complement your face and to add a unique detail to your outfit, the approach should be more careful because not all forms and shapes will accentuate your best features and distract attention from flaws. In this article, we will give you a few useful tips that will help you to choose a perfect pair of earrings that will suit your face type and the occasion.
Of course, the first thing you need to do is to identify what face type you have. Let’s make it out together:
- Round face. If the length from the tip of your nose to all sides of your face is practically the same, while your chin line is round, you have a round face. Earrings you select should elongate your face to make it more balanced. So, no round or disc earrings - they will make your face look even rounder. Drop earrings or chandelier earrings will be perfect.
- Oval face. If your jaw line to chin is well-rounded, while your forehead is wider than your chin, your face is oval. In fact, you can choose almost all types of rings: teardrop earrings, studs, rounded earrings, etc.
- Square face. If the width of your jaw line and forehead is the same, while your chin is flat, you have a square face. So, you should avoid square earrings and opt for hoops, rounded earrings, or drop earrings that will hide the angles of your face.
- Heart face. If your forehead is much wider than your jaw line, while the chin is pointed, your face has a heart shape. Dangling earrings rounded at the bottom will help you to reduce the angles around your chin. Avoid slim drop earrings.
- Diamond Face. If your cheekbone is wider than both our forehead and your chin, your have a diamond-shaped face. The best options for you are earring studs and long earrings stopping above the chin.
- Long face. As it is clear from the name, your face is lengthy but narrow. Rounded dangle earrings and studs are ideal for such a shape. Avoid long and slim earrings.
Not that you have decided about the shape-appropriate rings, you have to make sure that the model you select suits the occasion. Here is a short checklist:
- Appropriate for work. If you have a dress code, earrings can be a good way to make your boring office look stunning. Remember one rule: leave only one accessory. Office is not a place for sets of jewelry. Opt for elegance and subtle earrings, without extravagant gems.
- Good for studies. Do you study at school or at the university? Stick to the possible minimum. Choose simple and casual earrings that do not attract much attention.
- Everyday look. For your casual look, opt for gems that are not flashy but still captivating.
- Perfect for going out. Take out your diamonds and let your beauty shine!